I’m actually early with this list this year! Go me.
1. Please do not buy me cosmetics, lotions, skin care products, etc., I have super sensitive skin and it’s tough to explain which ingredients I avoid. If you want to go this route, please buy me gift cards/certificates/discount codes from one of the places I buy skin products from:
2. My preference for gifts in general is towards experiences (for example, trips, movies, good food, concerts, shows, plays, etc.) and consumables (food, money, gift cards, movie passes, etc.). Despite the fact that I have rather large wishlists on various sites, I move irritatingly frequently and would like to try and minimize the amount of stuff I have…
3. Quality over quantity; expensive isn’t better. I appreciate the thought people put behind their gifts more than anything.
- Any sort of experience (spa visit, tickets to a play/dance/concert, travel pass, etc.)
Ideas (you’re not restricted to this, they’re just suggestions):
- Tickets to something at the NAC or to a dinner theatre show
- Via Rail travel credits/pass
- Westjet/Air Canada travel credits/pass
- Spa visit
- Groupon/LivingSocial travel experience
- Coyote Rock membership renewal (Ottawa only – talk to me first)
- Inside Out Studio membership renewal (Ottawa only – talk to me first)
- Take me out for dinner
- Money towards new camera equipment. Next on my list is a good flash, remote shutter control, 55-250mm or 70-300mm lens. Alternatively, a gift certificate from B&H would help towards this as well.
- Anything from Ten Thousand Villages, Ethnotek, Bridgehead, Timothy’s (but no K-cups please), or Second Cup
- Anything off my Amazon.ca wishlist (if you are doing this, please use the “buy” buttons on the wishlist itself, this will ensure the item gets removed and no duplicate buying will occur) or ThinkGeek wishlist or Etsy wishlist
- Gift cards or certificates off the following list: iTunes, Tim Hortons, Second Cup, HMV, Amazon.ca, Better World Books, The Body Shop, LUSH, IKEA, Paypal (yes, you can get Paypal certificates!), ThinkGeek, Bridgehead, LCBO, Timothy’s Coffee
- A random gift from this list:
–> Holstee Manifesto
–> Stretching for Pole and Pure Splits DVD set
–> Small-sized hoodie from Flag Nor Fail
–> Mosaic Frame from MOO
–> Pillowpackers Travel Pillow
–> Any Mass Effect merch
–> A kettle (I currently use my coffeepot to heat up water, a nice solid kettle would be awesome)
–> Talk to me first, but I could also use some videogame DLCs (both Steam and Origin) or Bioware Points :D. I go by “silverstreaked” on both systems.
- Another good gift which I will really appreciate is giving a donation in my name to a charity from the list over on the right under “I Support…”
Please do not give me any of the following:
- Gift cards to clothing stores
- Anything Starbucks, Walmart, McDonalds, or “Made in China”
- Cosmetics / lotions
- Items which reflect your beliefs and not mine
- Meat… lol
Again, some people think it’s arrogant to have a “do not give” list, but I really feel it’s helpful. This way, you’re assured of giving me something you know I’ll appreciate.
If you have questions, let me know– otherwise, happy Christmas!